- Radio broadcaster Audacy seeks fast-track bankruptcy turnaround
Not a great time for terrestrial radio, that’s for sure. The advertising dollars are just not there anymore.
- Instagram Tests Option To Create Stories for Friends
Could be neat or a complete disaster. I wonder how brands will use it. Oh the possibilities.
- Meta’s New Disclosure Requirements for Digitally Altered Ad Content Are Now in Effect
This is a good move for Meta/Facebook. Will it be followed and/or enforced? Only time will tell and this year (2024) is a big year here in the States.
- X Will No Longer Support NFT Profile Pictures
Can’t say I’m surprised. Relate NFTs to the history books, folks!
- OpenAI Launches ‘GPT Store’ To Provide More Specialized Assistants
You’ll need a $20/mo pro account, but so far this looks promising.
- Navigating the creator economy: Strategies for brands and marketing teams
A good piece to read up on to make sure you’re up to speed on the creator economy, influencers, and UGC.
- Google to shut down Business Profiles websites
These are not the stand alone Google Websites. These are the sites attached to your business profile. Regardless, both are/were pretty hot garbage, time to move to a more stable CMS. Let’s talk! 😉
- Chris Penn: Looking forward with AI
A good article from Chris Penn, who is a marketer in the forefront of the AI wave.
- Google has started phasing out third-party cookies
It’s begun. Remember it’s only in the Chrome browser, but that browser is dominant.
- TikTok Launches Chromecast Support to Further Enable Clip Viewing on Home TV Sets
Oh great, now we can all watch TikTok on the bigger screens. It was bound to happen.
- Google Says Ignore Spammy Links From AI-Generated Blogs
This is good guidance as these spammy links are coming from all over the place.
- Substack keeps the Nazis, loses Platformer
Good for Casey Newton to stand up to Substack. Good for Ghost.
- Casey Newton’s Take
Again good for Casey.
- Migrating from Substack to self-hosted Ghost: the details
Molly White another popular writer moved to Ghost from Substack and documented how she did it for everyone to see. I’m glad to see this exodus.
- Substack’s woes deepen as tech blog leaves over Nazi content
This is gonna hurt for Substack. But that’s fine by me. It was their choice.
- Substack wanted to be neutral. Its tolerance of Nazis proved divisive.
You can’t always be neutral.
- Highly Visible and Low Quality (or Unhelpful) – A Most Dangerous SEO Combination
Glenn Gabe is a SEO wizard. Worth reading. He makes some great points in his latest blog post.
- TikTok Gains Traction As A Search Engine Among Gen Z [STUDY]
Honestly if YouTube is the 2nd biggest search engine after Google-proper, why can’t TikTok be one? Makes sense to me.
- Spotify now has more than 100,000 video podcasts. How’s that working out for creators?
Interesting take and wow 100k video podcasts. That’s quite a bit!
- Reminder: Google Enforcing New Email Rules Next Month
Very important! Make sure your email service providers and DNS are set correctly.